Project date: 1st – 8th July 2020
Project place: Lodes muiža (manor)”, Latvia
Deadline for Applying: 20th March 2020
During the more serious international student Olympiads we found that our non-formal “school” for young geography enthusiasts isn’t a unique “rare earth” mineral to be found nowhere else on this planet. In fact, there are many similar groups who agree that natural sciences can be fun and can even survive outside classroom without traditional teachers. As our activities are free, voluntary and without any external funding – we currently can’t organize similar international meetups (like international student Olympiads where governments often help). So Erasmus+ programme would be extremely helpful for our natural science “schools” to flourish across borders, while not losing their non-formal approach and fun. 🙂
- Learn how to use non-formal learning in our youth organisations.
- Learn the best non-formal learning methods from each other.
- Learn about natural sciences and the most important issues about our planet, countries, our home regions.
- Experience nature outside the classroom (outdoors).
- Prepare our students (our next generation) to take over our organisations.
- Build strong national and international teams (personal contacts and connections).
- Create a network for international cooperation (business contacts and connections).
- Plan common future projects nationally and internationally.
- Each country will send 2 youngsters (preferably ~16-19, possibly 13-30 years old) and 1 team-leader (18+ years);
- Students/Participants with fewer opportunities (economic, social or geographical obstacles, cultural differences, educational difficulties);
- Should be able to understand and express themselves in English, collaborate in teams, solve puzzles in natural science, hike and camp outdoors;
- Able to fully participate including overnight hiking in wilderness;
- Available for the whole duration of the Youth Exchange;
- Willing to share their experience with EUNOIA
ACCOMMODATION and FINANCES:
All costs related to accommodation and food will be covered.
Travel costs will be reimbursed up to 275 EUR according to Erasmus+ rules. It will happen upon collecting all tickets and invoices and calculating all costs.
HOW TO APPLY?
Fill out the Google Form here: https://bit.ly/2PZ4Q1l
If you want to know more about the project send us an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating in the subject: Participant form for Youth Exchange ‘GEOFUN’.